What Are the Five Most Common Air Conditioner Repair Needs?
Air Conditioning Repair Services in Tampa, FL
Your air conditioner keeps you cool and comfortable during the summer, and it’s easy to take the system for granted. But when something goes wrong with your HVAC system, it becomes painfully obvious. Hawkins Service Company offers professional AC repair services for home and business owners in Tampa, FL. Understanding the most common air conditioning problems and causes can help you identify what may be going on with your residential AC system. You’ll have a better understanding of how urgent your problem is. Learn more and get in touch with our HVAC repair specialists today to schedule an appointment or request a free estimate.
The Most Common Air Conditioning Problems
Your air conditioner is a complex system with many moving parts. A lot of things can go wrong, but many of them are easy fixes. Learn more about the most common AC problems:
- HVAC Not Working – The most apparent and troubling problem is an air conditioner that quits working altogether. If your system has shut down unexpectedly, you should start by checking your thermostat batteries. Dead batteries can cause your HVAC system to stop operating. Make sure the thermostat is set to cool at your desired temperature. You may need to reset the circuit breaker. If these tricks don’t work, give us a call for emergency residential HVAC repair.
- Blowing Warm Air – No one wants warm air coming from their air conditioner when they’re trying to cool down on a hot summer’s day in Tampa. Make sure your thermostat is set correctly. Change your filters because they could be clogged and causing frozen coils. If you are still having an issue, you may need refrigerant. Our professionals can take care of this task.
- System Leaking – Excessive leaking from your HVAC system can be caused by multiple problems. Your condensate line may be clogged. Our trained professionals can determine why your air conditioner is leaking and solve the problem.
- Uneven Temperatures – If some parts of your home are cooler and warmer than others, you likely have an unbalanced air system. Check the insulation of each room in your home and make sure large windows are keeping the sun out with curtains or blinds.
- Loud Noises – Your air conditioning system should make a little bit of noise while in operation, but loud noises are not normal. You might hear rattling, screeching, or squealing sounds. Our team can diagnose the problem and ensure your system is working correctly.
The Causes of Common HVAC Issues
Now that you know about some of the most common air conditioning problems, it’s time to take a look at some of their causes. The most common air conditioning issues include bad capacitors, low refrigerant, clogged condensate drain lines, failing blower motors, and bad condenser fan motors or compressors. Other AC problems may include refrigerant leaks, inadequate maintenance, electric control failure, sensor problems, and more. The team at Hawkins Service Company can repair any problem with your air conditioner. We also specialize in commercial AC services.
Schedule Air Conditioning Repair Today
As you can see, there’s a lot that can go wrong with your air conditioner. Our team wants to keep you cool and comfortable. We offer comprehensive HVAC services, including repairs, replacements, and inspections. Contact us today to get started by scheduling an appointment or getting your free estimate.