Riverview Pool and Electrical Contractors Serving Tampa
Air Conditioning Replacement Services in Tampa, FL
Knowing when to replace your air conditioner can save you money and hassle. The HVAC replacement specialists at Hawkins Service Company excel at AC replacement for home and business owners in Tampa, FL. Air conditioning replacement is not to be taken lightly and requires a professional and experienced team. If you need a new air conditioner in Tampa, you’ve come to the right place. We offer comprehensive residential AC and commercial HVAC services and can determine whether you should replace your system or it can be repaired. Learn more and get in touch with us today for a free estimate.
Reasons to Replace Your Air Conditioner
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons you should replace your air conditioner:
- Older System – Your air conditioner was not designed to last forever. The average lifespan of an air conditioner is roughly ten to 15 years. After that, the system is more likely to have problems that require costly repairs. More frequent repairs are likely to cost you more than replacing the unit would. Our team will inspect your HVAC system and determine the best course of action to keep you comfortable while saving you money.
- Freon – If your AC system uses R-22 refrigerant, commonly known as Freon, it’s time to have it replaced. This type of refrigerant is being phased out because of emissions concerns. R-22 is also expensive to replace. A newer HVAC system will use R-410A, which is longer-lasting and friendly to the environment.
- Cooling Bills – Your energy bills should be fairly consistent throughout the year. If you notice a significant jump in the amount you owe when the cooling season begins, there may be a problem. You may be using too much energy, or your air conditioner may not be as efficient as it should be.
- Efficiency – Over time, your HVAC system can become less and less effective. If it seems less powerful than last summer, it may be losing some power. Some routine maintenance could take care of this task, but sometimes it makes sense to replace the system altogether.
- Frequent Repairs – If you’ve had the same air conditioner for at least a decade, you may be having it serviced two or three times each year. You might be spending a lot more money on these repairs, and having the system replaced may be a more affordable solution.
- Strange Noises – Your air conditioner should make a minor amount of noise while operating, but loud or unexpected noises are warning signs of a problem. Our experts can determine the cause of the noise and whether having your system repaired or replaced makes the most sense.
- Too Much Dust – Problems with too much dust in your home can result from ductwork issues. Leaking ducts can make your air conditioner strain to maintain proper cooling levels. This can lead to an increase in energy bills and cause any allergy or asthma sufferers in your home can be miserable.
- Room Additions – Your home’s air conditioner should be designed according to the size of your house. Adding new rooms to your home means you’ll want to update your HVAC system to ensure every room of your home stays cool.
- Selling Your Home – Homebuyers are more likely to purchase your house if you have a newer air conditioner. Investing in a new HVAC system can help you stay more comfortable until you sell and recoup your costs when your home is purchased.
Schedule Air Conditioning Replacement Today
Hawkins Service Company is the team to turn to when you need to have your air conditioner repaired or replaced. We also offer AC inspections, maintenance, pool services, and more. Contact us today to request a free estimate or schedule an appointment.