Riverview Pool and Electrical Contractors Serving Tampa
HVAC Repair & Replacement Services in Tampa, FL
Keeping your home cool and comfortable for your family is crucial. Hawkins Service Company offers professional AC repair and AC replacement services for home and business owners in Tampa, FL. Our customers often want to know whether their HVAC system can be repaired or needs to be replaced. Your air conditioner has many components that can be fixed, but there are also many reasons why air conditioner replacement may be necessary. Our team offers professional residential AC and commercial AC services. We’ve prepared this guide to help you learn more about air conditioner repair vs. HVAC replacement. Learn more and get in touch with us to schedule service.
Factors to Consider About Your Air Conditioner
The question of whether your air conditioner needs to be replaced or can be repaired depends on many factors. Our HVAC experts in Tampa can help you make the right choice, but in the meantime, here are some factors to take into account:
- Age – The age of your current HVAC system is a significant factor in determining whether to repair or replace your air conditioner. The average lifespan for your air conditioner is designed to be 15 to 20 years, but many times it does not last quite so long because of constant use, high humidity levels, and more. If your air conditioner is nearing the end of its lifespan, there’s no sense in continuing to put money into it with frequent repairs.
- Cost – The cost of necessary repairs can help determine whether you should go through with it or have your system replaced. A good rule of thumb is that if your HVAC system is at least ten years old and the estimated repair bill is about half of its value, a replacement is likely the right choice.
- Maintenance – Taking care of your air conditioner can extend its lifespan. If you’ve taken good care of your HVAC system, you may be able to get away with repairs for a longer period without requiring a replacement. Be sure you change the filters regularly, keep your outdoor unit free of debris and plant growth, and sign up for an AC club membership.
- Efficiency – Have our professionals check to see how efficient your HVAC system is. More efficient systems can benefit from maintenance and tune-ups, but systems that are not very efficient may need to be replaced more often.
- Comfort – Your air conditioner should meet the needs of your family and keep you comfortable. You may need to replace your system if it struggles to keep you cool, does not cool evenly, or your cooling costs are too high.
- Technology – If your air conditioning system is older, you may not be benefiting from new technology that can keep you cooler for less money. Our team would be happy to share your options with you and help you select your ideal air conditioner.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Should Be Replaced
In addition to the previously mentioned, there are some sure signs it’s time to replace your air conditioner. Your A/C should be replaced by our professionals if it’s more than ten years old, breaks down frequently, uses R-22 freon, or your energy bills have skyrocketed. Our HVAC technicians offer comprehensive HVAC services, including repair and replacement. Contact us today to schedule an inspection or request an estimate.