When to Call an Electrician
Unless you’re living off-the-grid somewhere remote, electricity and the modern home are inseparable. Electricity makes it possible to use a range of devices and appliances that make your home safer, more comfortable, and more enjoyable. Hawkins Service Company provides all the residential electrical services you could ever need. Our experienced electricians can help you with everything from lighting and home automation to service panel upgrades and generator installations. 24-hour emergency electrical services is also available throughout the Tampa area.
You can count on Hawking Service Co. anytime you have an electrical issue or need around your home. There’s no limit to the types of residential electrical service we provide, so call on us whenever an electrician is needed. How do you know when you need an electrician? Here are some common reasons:
- Lights are constantly dimming, flickering, or shutting off
- Light switches and outlets feel warm to the touch
- Electrical outlets near water lack a Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI)
- Electrical outlets are smoking or sparking
- You don’t have enough electrical outlets (especially three-pronged outlets)
- Your service panel is more than 25 years old
- You want to run new wiring through your home
Reasons to Avoid DIY Electrical Repairs
You can learn to do just about anything on the Internet. However, there are some things that are still best left in the hands of a professional. Case in point: residential electrical repairs. There are many reasons to call a residential electrician instead of attempting electrical repairs yourself:
- Dangerous – Working with electricity is very dangerous. In addition to the risk of electric shock and electrocution, there is also the danger of electrical fire from shoddy electrical work. Protect yourself and your family by hiring a licensed electrician for all your electrical repair and installation needs.
- Timely – Even if you knew how to work as safely as a professional electrician, there’s no way you can work as fast. Attempting a small DIY electrical job can take amateur and unskilled electricians hours or even days longer than a licensed professional.
- Costly – Sure, it might cost you less upfront to perform a simple electrical task, but you run the risk of amassing a huge bill later on if something goes wrong. The cost of hiring a professional electrician is much less than the cost of tearing out a wall or rebuilding after a fire because of a simple electrical mistake you made.
Hawkins Service Company has served the Tampa Bay area for over 20 years. Over that time, we have become Central Florida’s premier residential electrical services provider thanks to our fair pricing, fast service, and customer-centered philosophy.
Please call us at (866) 429-5782 to schedule service or request your free estimate.
Why Choose Us?
- 24/7 Emergency Services Available
- Financing Available
- Serving All Tampa Bay Areas for Over 20 Years
- Fast, Reliable Service
- Focused On Providing Excellent Customer Service
- Warranty Repair Services Offered